4.29.2005

The Final Showdown

It kind of gives me fears! Thinking that I am off to give my last semester exams in a couple of days time! Hey, that's like 4 years of engineering! And to think of how your attitude's changed after being at college! The kind of complacency youve got in to is sure to make people go crazy! Who else would be sitting in front of the pc at half past 3 in the morning browsing the net, go out to see a movie and chat overnight two days before the exams. Dont take it that we are all prepared and confident. The truth is that we havent touched our books!
That should be scary enough for a lot of other people in the college also, this is the extreme...I am sure the topper of my branch would have put his money that I would fail in my exams with my preparations! Well,well....there's this uncanny confidence that may be i am going to pass in all my exams and hopefully in first class! I really do not know where that stems from, but all that I know that its a bad bad thought! It is exactly that thought, some kind of assurance that everythings going to go fine that led me throughout the last two years to slack! Go from a good student to the most irregular in class! Of course I would have liked that to be different, to have added a bit more value to my years in college by being academically stronger! It just didnt happen....think of it, I'll most probably be coming for my convocation, getting the degree of chemical engineering, while working for a software company. So what am I? A chemical engineer or an acquired software engineer ? A software professional would be an apt term, but what happens to all the Heat transfer,Transport Phenomenon,Unit Operations and Fluid Flow fundamentals?....Who cares, when you are drawing a handsome salary and working for a respectable company? May be not, havent got that complacent....not attending classes is different and making career choices is different....may be I was not rotting all those hours bunking classes, the perspective college has given me is irreplaceable....i hope that i'll do well in my exams....for me the later part is more important, what I've been waiting for all these years....getting down to the real bad world....or is it the other way round? Whatever it may be, here I come!

5 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger Shashank said...

but we dont want you to go!!!
y dont u just fail in one of ur exams and then we can have a blast for another whole year!! that way we can leave coll together and who knows ....maybe work together too.... :))

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Shashank said...

the previous post doesnt imply that my sexual preferences have changed... its just that being the goat'ee' that u are...u might just be a slaughtered bakra when u leave this campus and venture into the mad mad world.... u can only feel bliss in "SVR"!!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jiju Vengal said...

Hmm,felt blissful at SVR for all the wrong reasons! Anyway no intentions of taking your suggestions seriously, but still guess its possible for us to work together! All the best for yor placements da!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Nikhil said...

this i guess would be my first comment bereft of any pun or playing around with words

WILL MISS YOU JIJU..lots..i mean lots..have no words to say how much..coz am not playing with them you see!!!....

All the best..

Anyways,all i need to do is to
(b)log on to be in touch with you,rt???

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home